With Instant Pot, perfectly tender, sweet, steamed beets are ready in less than 24 minutes.
I like using Instant Pot for steaming vegetables because it’s easier, faster, and more consistent than a stovetop.
Beets are believed to originate from the Mediterranean area, and are commonly known as an ingredient in Borscht.
Beets are highly nutritious and rich in folate and fiber.
I love using beets in salads, or making beet hummus. Such a perfect veggie to add natural sweetness, earthy flavor, and texture to dishes!
How to Steam Beets in Instant Pot
It starts with peeling and cutting beets into bite-size cubes (about 1/2 inch).
Once the beets are cubed, it’s time to go in Instant Pot.
I like to use an expandable steamer basket for steaming vegetables in Instant Pot.
Don’t forget to add water.
Now, set the Instant Pot and cook.
- Pressure: High
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Keep Warm: Off
- Release: allow to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick release.
The result is perfectly soft and buttery beets.
It’s perfect served warm or cold, adding bright red color, sweet earthy flavor, and texture to salads or hummus, and more!
If you try it, feel free to leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo @izumimizokawa on Instagram🍒
Instant Pot Beets
- 1 medium beet
- ¼ cup water
- Wash and peel the beets with a knife or peeler. Dice the beet into 1/2 inch or bite-size pieces.
- Place a steamer basket or trivet in Instant Pot, and add water.
- Place the diced beets in the steamer basket. Close the lid.
- Cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes. In this recipe, it will take about 7 minutes or less for Instant Pot to come to pressure.
- Once it's done cooking, let it naturally release pressure for 5 minutes, then manually release all remaining pressure. Or, wait 9 minutes until pressure is naturally released completely.
- Serve in salads, toss with balsamic vinegar and fresh dill, or make beet hummus!
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.
- Prep time includes preheat time and natural release time.
- Nutrition information below is an estimate and does not include water.
PIN the following image, and follow me on Pinterest for plant-based eating inspiration🌿